Working in the public sector is all about making a difference to people’s everyday lives, making the environment in which they live a better place, and giving them the tools they need to improve their own lives and play an active role in the community.
We’ve got huge ambitions for Haringey. As the shape of local government continues to change, we’re determined to rise to the challenge and find new ways to ensure that our residents enjoy the best opportunities in life – through excellent education, training, access to facilities and community empowerment. We’re committed to growth that can benefit all of our residents, by strengthening the borough’s local economy and bringing in new facilities and activities. Working at Haringey gives you the opportunity to play a part in meeting those ambitions on behalf of everyone who calls the borough their home.
Our HR Support Services are changing, we are committed to support all ‘our customers’ with a future focussed service that reflects their changing needs.
We have an exciting vacancy for an experienced Payroll Professional to join us on our transformation journey, managing our team and service.
About the Role
We have a fantastic Payroll team and need an enthusiastic Payroll Manager who will manage our very busy Payroll Service.
The service includes multiple payrolls; Council, Schools and Third Parties, alongside Teachers Pensions and statutory reporting.
As part of this role, responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Management of the provision of high-quality services.
- Team management.
- Establishing Service Level Agreements.
- Payroll process transformation through utilisation of SAP.
- Working alongside teams within HR and across the Council to transform service delivery and increase digital utilisation for the Council.
We are looking for an experienced payroll professional with expert Payroll, Pensions, HMRC, and Legislative knowledge.
You should be a great team player with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills who wants to join a fantastic, friendly, fun team.
In addition, we are looking for someone who has:
- Experience of using SAP (ideally).
- Proven experience in digital transformation to improve and streamline services
- Management experience.
- A CIPP Qualification and is a member (ideally).
- Previously worked in Local Government (ideally).
£50,826 – £53,928
05 Sep 2021