This is an exciting opportunity to support high-profile cross cutting Covid Enforcement work. You will provide expertise and nurture links between our Public Health and Regulatory Services Teams to ensure we are prepared for and can respond to the rapidly changing demands for service.
Flexible working, 30 days + bank holidays, Excellent pension scheme, plus training opportunities.
Skills and Experiences
As Lead Officer, you will be responsible for the planning and development of measures to ensure businesses comply with their statutory duties in relation to Test and Trace, Health & Safety, Infectious Disease and Outbreak Control.
As well as strong skills and experience in leading on complex issues, we are looking for someone with a positive attitude and the ability to cope with multiple and changing demands.
The successful candidate should be able to work flexibly and autonomously.
You will also have:
- The ability to demonstrate excellent verbal and written skills,
- identify and convey pertinent information effectively depending on the context and audience
- The ability to work collaboratively across multiple stakeholders, driving delivery, managing challenges, and influencing the direction of work
- The ability to understand, interpret and summarise complex information as required As this is new legislation, hence we are looking for someone from a Commercial Environmental Health/Public Health background.
- You must have Local Authority experience as well as knowing how to deal with people.
- You will be required to assess and enforce compliance with Coronavirus and health and safety legislation within commercial businesses, which may include giving advice, the service of statutory notices, the gathering of evidence and production of witness statements for formal proceedings.
Click HERE for further info and full job spec