This role will lead our Early Help services and the overall drive is to provide the highest quality services to children and families across Haringey. We expect high levels of creativity, stamina, and a requirement for political sensitivity combined with an ability to thrive within a complex environment, foster effective partnerships, and promote standards for continuous improvement. This post is an established leadership role in a well-established and aspirational team. Budgetary responsibility of c£2.5m.
To ensure the effective planning and delivery of the highest quality Early Help and Preventative Services. The role will require the maintenance of effective multi agency partnerships, and the targeting of resources and services to achieve successful prevention and early intervention, enabling communities and partners to develop the skills and competencies to work in effective and cohesive partnership with the Council Responsibilities include the following services:
– Early Help
– Children’s Centres
– Youth Services
– Troubled Families
Skills and Experiences
- Significant experience developing and sustaining effective multi-agency and partnerships
- Ability to work innovatively and use new thinking to evidence the impact of alternate approaches to recurring and emerging challenges
- Extensive partnership experience of multi-agency work and multi-disciplinary practice, including demonstrable LSCB and Early Help experience
- Effective leadership of teams Effective management of budgets, assets, and people
- Comprehensive experience of Ofsted inspection and regulatory requirements for statutory children’s social care services, including demonstrable experience of leading, managing and/or supporting the same, with evidence of direct responsibility for service improvement
- A recognised qualification; (e.g. Social work, health, youth & community) or demonstrable experience of impactful leadership of Early Help/Early Intervention; A leadership qualification and/or a relevant development programme(s).
- Skills to provide reflective supervision with coaching and / or mentoring qualifications, experience and /or expertise.
For a full list of benefits on offer, please visit our website:
Closing Date: Sunday 31st January 2021
Interview Dates: 15th & 17th February 2021