Interested in finance?
We are looking for a Financial Administration Apprentice to:-
– Provide financial compliance and administration support to internal Council business units
– Support the Council’s accounts payable system, including the processing of invoices
– Support corporate and regulatory compliance across the payment and financial administration processes.
– Provide support activities to the Head of Financial Administration and the department and collate management information and data activity analysis
– Respond to customer enquiries and requests using the Council’s case management system ‘V Fire’ and the IVR telephony system
Skills and Experiences
About you: -
- You will have GCSEs in English and Maths (grade C or above or equivalent)
- An interest in finance or accounting
- You will have a positive ‘can do attitude’ and good work ethic
- Excellent time-keeping skills and presentable and professional at all times
- Sound verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Able to prioritise own workload effectively
- Able to use initiative and work independently
- As an Apprentice you will be working towards an Accounts or Finance Assistant, level 2 apprenticeship standard.
Other Requirements / How to apply: -
- Be a resident of the London Borough of Haringey
- Be aged 16 and over
- We welcome applications from Haringey Care Leavers (18-25) and those with disabilities and guarantee an interview for those who meet the minimum criteria
- If shortlisted you may be required to undertake an assessment with the training provider, to assess your eligibility, prior to being invited to interview.
Support in completing your application is available by registering with the Haringey Works team, but you will need to make contact via email > firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 8489 2969.