The Employment Advisor – Apprenticeships position is a new and exciting role that will raise the profile of apprenticeships as a viable career development choice for residents of all ages and across all business sectors. Key role deliverables will include:
• Identification of and closely working with employers and employment & skills agencies and providers across the borough to create and broker apprenticeship opportunities for residents and reduce the unemployment rate in line with the borough plan.
• Proactively building and maintaining an active caseload of residents interested in securing apprenticeship opportunities
• The provision of one-to-one support to residents into apprenticeships through an agreed action plan
Skills and Experiences
he successful applicants will be expected to demonstrate:
• Knowledge of the UK apprenticeship system, including sector specific initiatives, and a clear understanding of the national policy context for apprenticeships.
• A proven track record of meeting and exceeding set targets within an apprenticeship or job brokerage context and/or other social inclusion services with a case management approach to delivery.
• The capability to organise and run employment-oriented events with associated publicity, sourcing speakers and communication responsibilities.
• Understanding and experience of delivering information, advice and guidance in Youth Services and Careers Education context.
If you share our desire to deliver employment and career support services and think your skills and experiences match what we are looking for, please complete an application form as soon as is possible.
Flexible working hours, 30 days + bank holidays, excellent pension scheme, plus training opportunities.
Closing Date: 11th February 2021