This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious Council that is always striving to move forward. Our Corporate Income and Debt service has already made significant improvement but we recognise we can do much more to improve our service to residents and businesses.
We are looking for an experienced Leader that can bring our Corporate Income and Debt service through a period of development and change, with the ultimate aim of operating a slick and efficient service whilst providing the best experience for our residents and businesses.
About the role:
The Corporate Income & Debt Manager will report to Head of Service Delivery in the Corporate and Customer Services department. You will be the Council’s expert on all aspects of income and debt collection, recovery, and credit control; and provide professional advice and guidance to the aspects of debt management. You will also lead and manage a team collecting income across all income areas of the Council.
Part of the role will be to identify what we do well, along with the opportunities to further improve. The post holder will work with the team to further expand on the good practice and develop improvement plans and implement best practice throughout the charging and collection processes.
This post offers a fantastic opportunity to be part of the Revenues and Benefits management team leading a dedicated team through a challenging and fast-moving period of change and development, improving performance levels and customer experience. If you want to make a difference to residents and businesses in Haringey and support our local communities, then we would like to hear from you.
Skills and Experiences
You will be an experienced manager, with thorough knowledge of debt management and credit control within a local authority environment. Ideally you will be ICM or IRRV qualified, have a track record of delivering successful change, and with experience of advising senior management in debt management.
The successful applicant will be able to:
• Lead the delivery of the Council’s Income & Debt Recovery services, deliver the operational performance of the service, manage direct reports and team members and deliver the operational performance targets
• Ensure the service is fully compliant with statutory legislation and Council policies and is fit for purpose
• Deliver continuous improvement of service delivery, ensuring efficient and effectives processes and high levels of customer-service
• Provide professional advice on all aspects of debt management, credit control and appropriate recovery routes across all income streams and functional areas
• Be the ‘Customer Champion’ establishing a customer-focused and quality improvement culture in the Income and Debt service.
£55,017 - £58,242
Closing Date: 22nd March 2021