Wood Green library is located on the high road near to Wood Green Station.
Services available from 17 May 2021
In line with Step 3 of the government’s roadmap plans, we are pleased to announce that most of our libraries have reopened, with further revisions to our opening times. In addition to access to public computers and short visits to browse bookshelves, we are able to offer bookable indoor events and meeting rooms (rule of 6 or two households apply). More details are available below.
Our libraries will be available for:
- Access to Computers and printing and Click and Collect are available at most sites (except for Stroud Green Library, which is closed due to major refurbishments)
- Visits of up to 20 minutes to browse shelves and use of new self-service kiosks for borrowing and returning items (except for Alexandra Park Library has it prepares for refurbishments)
- Book study desks and use our free WiFi – only at Wood Green, Hornsey and Marcus Garvey libraries
- Collection of Pre-ordered Ready Reads (books selected by librarians) and reservations (specific titles) online in advance or through our dedicated telephone line: 020 8489 2700, Monday to Saturday, 9am to 5pm
- Home Library Service for the most vulnerable.
This means that:
- Stroud Green and Harringay Library will remain closed until the refurbishments have completed
- Alexandra Park Library is only available for computer access as it prepares for planned refurbishment. Access to stock is unavailable
- Fines will not be charged for overdue books and reservation charges will be removed for items that are in stock in our catalogue. Charges will still apply for purchased stock requests
- Library overdue charges will be waived for any fines applied between 23 March 2020 to 16 May 2021