Salary: PO1 (£33,324 – £34,884)
Location: Haringey, North London
Contract: 6 months FTC
Hours: 36 hours per week
About the role
To provide a high quality housing management service to temporary accommodation residents including: tenancy enforcement, dealing with anti-social behaviour, interviewing service users and dealing with enquiries and complaints.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide a tenancy management service on a patch basis in accordance with Homes for Haringey Policy. This will at times include work outside the management patch to deal with emergencies.
- Carry out tenancy checks on HfH managed schemes and investigate any reports of unauthorised occupation or other potential fraud. This will include visiting resident’s homes outside normal working hours as deemed appropriate.
- Provide advice and support to temporary accommodation residents on tenancy management matters, working jointly with the move on teams and other stakeholders to maximise planned exits from temporary accommodation.
- Maintain customer’s records and detailed information relating to each case, and record actions taken using Haringey’s data storage and management systems
- Prepare statistics and data analysis to demonstrate your own performance and outputs.
- Prepare written assessments and outcome letters as part of ongoing case work and referral
- Work collaboratively with the housing needs and occupancy management teams, accommodation providers and other stakeholders to ensure that occupancy of temporary accommodation stock is in line with Haringey’s policies
- Know how to find information about accommodation options and be able to brief customers on these
- Actively engage with the community to promote and develop understanding of Homes for Haringey’s approach to housing need.
- Aware of local housing needs, housing policy and legislation as it affects the remit of this post
- A good general standard of education. Numeracy and literacy.
- Tenancy Management experience
Knowledge and skills
- A responsible position delivering a housing or housing related service
- An understanding of public policy issues affecting social housing.
- A sound knowledge of Landlord and Tenant legislation and best practice,
- Knowledge of homelessness legislation and best practice supported by practical experience.
- Knowledge of effective strategies available in the management of ASB, supported by practical experience.
- A sound knowledge of resident involvement strategies and techniques, supported by practical application.
- A good understanding of Housing and welfare Benefits.
- A basic understanding of building maintenance and repair.
- Ability to solve problems – to be flexible and adaptable and able to respond to situations creatively as they arise.
Interviews will be held week commencing 30th August 2021
Homes for Haringey is an Arms Length Management Organisation (ALMO) of the London Borough of Haringey. We are firmly committed to working collaboratively toward building a spirit of team working in which innovation is encouraged and individuals can thrive. We are committed to developing our employees and provide a wide range of learning and development opportunities, flexible working, generous leave entitlement, and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
For further information regarding the role please contact us on: HFHRecruitment@homesforharingey.org
Follow us on our ‘Homes for Haringey’ via LinkedIn, for all our up to date vacancies.
You will need to provide a CV and a Supporting Statement to be considered for this vacancy. APPLY HERE
The closing date for completed applications will be Tuesday 23rd August 2021 @ 10pm.
- Contact: Tia Perry