Haringey Council – Alexandra House
£63,900 – £73,900
07 Nov 2021
Salary Grade: HC1
Salary: £63,900 – £73,900 per annum
Contract Type: Full time, permanent
Closing Date: Sunday 7th November 2021
About Haringey Council
Haringey is rich in diversity, heritage, culture and opportunity, maybe more so than any other London borough. Haringey is our home and we’re proud of it. As a Council, we’re ambitious for our borough’s future and for the people who live and work here.
As a key component of the Borough’s future, Haringey Council must ensure that colleagues across the organisation reflect this ambition and are able to embrace the challenges ahead. Critical to achieving this is the HR team which has been undergoing a significant period of change, including the recent recruitment of a new Chief People Officer and restructure of the management team. We are now looking to recruit an experienced HR professional to join us as Head of HR for Schools.
About the Role
The Head of School’s HR role plays a key role in the collective leadership of the HR service, leading on the provision of a comprehensive and high-quality traded HR service to the schools in Haringey. You will be responsible for:
- Managing the full HR service for schools across Haringey including; payroll, employee relations, recruitment, and DBS & compliance checks
- Management of up to 7 staff members
- Budget management – achieving maximum value for money form the Schools HR budget including generating additional income and preventing overspend
- Undertake business development activity to generate new business and retain existing business in competition from the private sector
For a full list of roles and responsibilities for this position, please see the attached job description and person specification.
We are looking for an experience HR professional who is passionate about developing a ‘best in class school’s HR service.
You will have had previous experience of working with schools, whether that be from a local authority, private sector or multi-academy trust and have a good understanding of school’s HR and how it works. You should also have:
- Previous management experience with the ability to provide inspirational and constructive leadership to the School’s HR Team
- Understanding of Employment Law, particularly in relation to educational establishments and their services
- Budget management experience and understanding of SLA’s
To apply for this job click the link to go straight to the job ad.https://jobs.haringey.gov.uk/apply/?jobId=QHOFK026203F3VBQBLOLOQWAQ-1358&langCode=en_GB