By taking part in this you will be contributing to a larger collaborative community artwork*
Making Cyanotype images using natural forms like leaves, grasses, plants, feathers and simple shapes is something I really enjoy. It is very easy to do and can be great fun. A little bit of science & history with lots of creative input.
• To start with we will have a very brief introduction (the history bit) and look at some examples of Cyanotypes to help you decide what you would like to create.
• Then (the science bit) preparing materials (paper, card or fabric) safely to create the surface for our experiments.
• Whilst the surface dries we will choose our natural forms either from what we have brought with us or from a short walk around part of the park
• Then (the exciting bit) we will create the image.
• A bit more science: washing and drying the image to fix and reveal what we have created.
• And finally turning it into something which can be hung as part of the Mobile Garden Sculpture*.
NB. Please make sure you wear something old that you don’t mind getting a permanent blue spot on by mistake. We will all wear gloves when using the chemicals.
Please bring (per person): One or two favourite Natural forms (leaves, grasses, plants) from your gardens or walks you would like to use. Pliers if you have them, old flattened cereal boxes or sides of cardboard from unwanted box or packaging. (Clean and dry) Pencils, Pens, a craft knife (if you have this), scissors, newspaper and some used thick paper to write on. If you don’t have any of these things don’t worry, I’ll bring a wide range of things to use.
This workshop is part of The Mobile Garden Sculpture* inviting our local community to come together through a series of workshops run by artists from the Crouch End Open Studios.
Participants will be making elements to adorn a larger mobile structure which be a visual reflection of our thoughts around nature and environment. We hope to exhibit as part of the Crouch End Open Studios 2021 Event in September 25th & 26th.
Run by Crouch End Open Studios’s Photographer Elizabeth Brown
Meeting Point Location: IRL at CUFOS at the back of Alexandra Place , The Top of the Avenue
For more info on Crouch End Open Studios Events please follow the link below https://crouchendopenstudios.org.uk/events/
We are following the covid guidelines to provide a safe environment