About this Event
- Are you aged 13-25 and passionate about making a difference in your community?
- Do you recognise that Violence Against Women and Girls is a problem and want to support women and girls who are affected?
- Are you interested in promoting health and wellbeing for young women and girls in your community?
- Do you have ideas about what types of physical wellbeing activities would help make young women and girls feel safe and empowered in Haringey?
- Do you want your voice as a young woman or girl to be heard?
Then please join us to discuss your views and have your say in an exciting new programme being launched in Haringey.
Get Out Get Active (GOGA) supports disabled and non-disabled people to enjoy being active together. GOGA is partnering with the Haringey VAWG Team and Solace to develop physical wellbeing activities specifically for young women and girls. We want to use sport and physical activity as a way to offer a safe opportunity for young women and girls to build networks while getting the other benefits of being physically active.
We want to hear from young women and girls in Haringey to understand what activities you would be interested in taking part in (this could range from yoga, boxing, gardening, walking, etc), when and where you would like this activities to take place, and what are the barriers young women and girls are currently facing to access activities.
The consultation will take place online and the information from the consultation will be used to design a physical activity programme specifically for young women and girls in Haringey.
If you are unable to attend but would still like to have your say, please get in touch.
Any questions, please email VAWG@Haringey.gov.uk