After a hefty hiatus, the Cakes and Ladders team is back to play again the new party game of social deduction and bluffing that has taken Kickstarter by storm! Blood on the Clocktower is an exciting new bluffing game enjoyed by 5 to 20 players on opposing teams of Good and Evil, overseen by a Storyteller player who conducts the action and makes crucial decisions. During a ‘day’ phase players socialise openly and whisper privately to gather information or spread lies, culminating in a player’s execution if a majority suspects them of being Evil. Of a ‘night’ time, players close their eyes and are woken one at a time by the Storyteller to gather information, spread mischief, or kill. Players must use all their powers of deduction and deception to survive this game of murder and mystery.
- Games will be run by a member of the Blood on the Clocktower team and are suitable for up to 15 players for the two hour time slot. We recommend booking your ticket ahead to guarantee your place and avoid disappointment! You may be able to play several games during the event, depending how quickly you all kill each other!
- The cost of entry will be £5 via Eventbrite – tickets may be available on the day at the same price, but not if event it already sold out! This also includes our usual cover charge for playing board games at Cakes and Ladders, so you’re welcome to arrive early/stay on afterwards to play from our extensive library.
- The event will take place under gazebos outside in the yard – hopefully weather will be good but please bring clothes for being outdoors in case it is windy!
- Selection of hot and cold drinks, craft beers, cake and cheese toasties will be available to purchase from the friendly Cakes and Ladders bus crew.
- COVID-19 / All players will be asked to check in on NHS app on arrival, and please bring a mask to wear if going inside or moving through busy areas. Hand sanitiser will be provided for all players, and socially distanced seating provided.
– All players are in it for the entire game, staying on as influential ghosts even if their characters die! In Blood on the Clocktower, death is not the end.
– If you arrive late to a game, you can enter after it’s started as a powerful Traveller character with unusual talents.
– Over 200 individual characters across seven planned editions, each with their own special ability. No two players in a game are ever the same character and no two games are ever alike!
– Drunkenness, madness, and the odd poisoning are all rife in Ravenswood Bluff. These unique features mean you can never trust anyone completely, not even yourself.
– The most dynamic moderator role of any bluffing game. The fabled Storyteller decides how to help, hinder, or mislead each team to craft a unique experience each time.